Diary-free, Gluten-free, Grain-free, Low-FODMAP, Paleo, Vegan
What’s not to love about salty, savory olives? I didn’t think I could love olives any more until I made marinated olives using wholesome and warming spices and herbs–a perfect accompaniment for a holiday meal like Thanksgiving or Christmas.
But, you don’t need a seasonal reason to make these; they can become a staple in your fridge as they are in mine, all year long.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins
Equipment: Stovetop pan, heat-proof bowl/jar
- Heat olive oil, coriander and cumin seeds, thyme, and orange and lemon zest in a saucepan on the stove on low heat until bubbling and aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Place the olives in a heat-proof bowl or jar and pour over the infused oil, herbs, and spices. Let it sit for 2+ hours stirring every so often so allow the flavors to bolden. Store in the fridge.
- 1 cup green olives (pitted or whole)
- 1 cup kalamata olives (pitted or whole)
Kick up the Spice: For a spicer version, add 1 tsp of whole black peppercorns to the saucepan as you infuse the olive oil!