Gluten-free, Grain-free, Low-FODMAP, Paleo, Raw, Vegan
This breakfast bowl is similar to the Quinoa “Oatmeal” and Grain-free Porridge recipes, except this version is modeled after a Buddha Bowl, in which all elements to a meal are incorporated in a single bowl. This breakfast bowl comes together quickly and is a great option for busy mornings because it can be made the day before and stored for up to three days. Take note that you will only need a small bowl for yourself since it is laden with healthy fats and protein.
Soak Time: 6+ hours | Prep Time: 15 mins
Equipment: food processor
1. In a bowl, cover the nuts completely with water and soak them in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours (the longer the better). Drain the nuts before use.
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews
- 1/2 cup of raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds
- Pinch of sea salt
2. Place the soaked nuts in a food processor and process until the nuts are finely chopped. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt or coconut cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg & cloves
- 1/8 tsp cardamon & ginger
3. Pour the mixture into individuals bowls and top with chopped figs, pistachios, blueberries, and a drizzle of peanut butter or nut butter.
- 1/2 cup chopped figs
- 1/2 shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Peanut butter or other nut butter
Serving Suggestion: You can also heat up a bowl in the microwave before adding your toppings if you’d prefer a warm breakfast.