Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Low-FODMAP, Nut-free, Raw, Vegan
Most puddings are laden with artificial flavors and refined sugars. Not to mention many contain gelatin, milk, or egg yolks, which is not appropriate for vegans. Well, this version is vegan and doesn’t contain any of the processed ingredients normally found in store-bought versions or mixes.
The rich, creamy texture and mouthfeel comes from the avocado and banana, while the sweetness is derived solely from the banana and dates! Since this rich, filling pudding has a high healthy fat content, it’s best served in 6 to 8 oz glasses and shared.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Chilling Time: 1 hour
Equipment: food processor or blender
- Place the dates in a bowl. Pour boiling over to submerge them and leave for 15 minutes. Drain the water, allow them to cool, then peel the skin off with your fingers and remove the pits.
- In a food processor or blender, add the avocado, banana, dates, coconut milk, and cocoa powder. Blend together until well combined and smooth. Pour the pudding into a serving bowl or individual glasses and chill for one hour. When ready to serve, add the shredded coconut and a dash of cinnamon.
- 1 avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 pitted dates, softened, pitted, and peeled
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Dash of cinnamon
- (Optional: Kiwi slices are also a nice topping!)
Tip: The pudding can be refrigerated in an air-tight glass container for up to two days.