Gluten-free, Low-FODMAP, Nut-free, Vegan
In all honesty, this recipe was created by my husband, Weston. Many mornings, he takes charge of breakfast and will make these delicious hash browns with scrambled or fried eggs and seasonal fruit. After the meal, we remain full for the entire day until dinner-time! These hash browns are also great as an appetizer or afternoon snack. Think spicy French Fries!
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
Equipment: 1 baking sheet, julienne slicer, sharp knife
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Using a julienne slicer, cut the white potatoes lengthwise into long thin strips. Now hand slice the sweet potatoes, carrots, and parsnips. Cut each one in half crosswise, then lengthwise in long thin strips. Finely chop the jalapeño. Place all the veggies on a baking sheet and coat with garlic-infused olive oil.
- 2 white potatoes, julienne sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 2 parsnips, finely sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil to coat skillet
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for a total of 20-30 minutes until the hashbrowns are starting to crisp and brown. After the first 15 minutes, remove the baking tray and mix the veggies, then place back in the oven and continue baking.
- Once the hashbrowns have crisped, remove from the oven and use tongs to place them on a serving tray or on individual plates.
Note: The julienne slicer does not work well for sweet potatoes because they are stickier than white potatoes, nor for carrots or parsnips because they are more narrow. I find it’s easiest to hand cut them into strips rather than struggle with the julienne slicer.
Tip: Pair this recipe for breakfast with scrambled eggs and a side of fruit!