Gluten-free, Low-FODMAP, Paleo, Vegan
This breakfast porridge is similar to my Quinoa “Oatmeal” recipe, except this recipe does not have quinoa in it. It makes a delicious porridge base for winter and summer alike! Add peaches when they are in season in the summer and try bananas and peanut butter in the wintertime. Get creative!
Soak Time: 6+ hours | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5-10 mins
Equipment: food processor, stove pot
- In a bowl, cover the nuts completely with water and soak them overnight, for at least 6 hours. Drain the nuts before use.
- 1/2 cup of raw pecans
- 1/2 cup of raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds
- Place the soaked nuts, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and ginger in a food processor and process until the nuts are finely chopped and the mixture is smooth.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pour the mixture into a sauce pot on the stove and add the second cup of almond milk. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes until the porridge bubbles and become aromatic. Remove from heat and serve.
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Variations: Top with peach slices and a drizzle of maple syrup. Or, top with banana slices, peanut butter, and a dash of cinnamon.
- 1 peach, sliced and divided between the bowls
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- What else can you come up with…?
Related Recipe: Quinoa “Oatmeal”